One can easily perform the Netgear Nighthawk setup, using the default login admin details. However, it is strictly recommended to change the default Netgear router login credentials in order to keep it secure from potential threats.
But, what happens if you forget the login username and password of your Nighthawk router? This might stop you from accessing the internet on all your connected devices. On the off chance if you don’t want to pull yourself into all such annoying issues, you must have back up of your router’s settings including username and password.
Wondering how to do so? Wonder no more! In this piece of writing, we will guide you with the complete set of instructions on how to backup and restore your Netgear Nighthawk router in no time.
But prior to resetting your Netgear Nighthawk router, it is suggested – you take the backup of all the settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router. We are suggesting you this because the factory reset process will delete all the settings made on you on your router you made during initial Netgear Nighthawk setup.
Here’s how to back up Nighthawk router!
Instructions to Back up Nighthawk Router
Before we give you a nudge on the steps to back up your Netgear Nighthawk router, let us first make you familiar with it.
What is Data Back Up?
Data backup – It is the process of saving data on your smartphones, laptops or desktops to avoid any inconvenience of losing data. And, if you have the backup of your router’s data, then there is nothing to worry about.
Go through the step-by-step instructions highlighted below to take the backup of router’s settings:
- The first thing that you have to do is to power on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Don’t forget to place your router and modem is close proximity.
- Power up your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Connect the device to your home network.
- Open a web browser as per your liking on your connected device.
- Type routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 IP in the URL bar.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will be redirected to Netgear router login window.
- Enter the Nighthawk router’s default username and password into the given fields.
- Click on Log In. If you have changed the router’s username and password during Netgear Nighthawk setup, it is advised to use them instead.
- Navigate to the router’s settings page.
- Locate and click on the Backup button.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
Kudos! You have successfully taken the backup of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Moving on, let us make you familiar with the process of resetting your Netgear Nighthawk router back to the factory default settings.
Steps to Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router
You can easily reset your Netgear Nighthawk router with a simple push of a button. Here’s how to initiate and complete the process:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Disconnect all the devices that are currently connected with your Nighthawk device including modem.
- Locate the Nighthawk’s router reset hole.
- Press and hold it gently.
- Release the Nighthawk router reset hole upon holding it for a couple of minutes
Congrats! Your Nighthawk Netgear router resets successfully.
Now, connect the Netgear Nighthawk router to your modem using an Ethernet cable, access the Netgear Nighthawk setup page using the router’s default username and password, follow the on-screen instructions, configure it, and enjoy the seamless internet connectivity throughout your house.
Facing issues while connecting your Netgear router to the modem? Unable to expand the internet range after configuring it? Perhaps your existing modem alone is not sufficient to cover your house with adequate WiFi signals. So, in that case, we suggest you add a Netgear cable modem to your Nighthawk modem a see the difference.
The Bottom Line
That’s all folks! This is all about our article to back up and reset your Netgear Nighthawk router. Still have issues? Leave all of them to us by dropping your queries into the comments section.