Does your Linksys extender keep flashing amber for no apparent reason? Well, if your device is blinking any other color than green, there’s got to be a reason. No technical issue occurs without a specific reason.
You might be facing the Linksys extender orange light issue because of the following factors:
- The firmware of your Linksys range extender is corrupted or outdated.
- Your cable connections are loose.
- The Ethernet connection between your extender and router is not secure.
- Technical glitches can also lead you to the Linksys extender amber light issue.
- There is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider.
- WiFi-interference is blocking the signals of your extender.
- The distance between your WiFi devices is very much.
Take the help of the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks to get rid of the Linksys extender amber light issue.
Tips to Fix Linksys Extender Amber Light Issue
- Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Consider rebooting your Linksys range extender before you walk through any other troubleshooting hack.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to give your wireless device a restart:
- Disconnect your client devices connected to the extender’s network.
- Power off your Linksys range extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your extender back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Reconnect your client devices to the extender’s network.
As soon as your Linksys extender has been given a restart, check whether the LED light has stopped blinking amber.
Note: Whether you own a Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender or any other modem, the aforementioned step will remain same for all.
- Verify Your Ethernet Connection
If the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys wireless range extender and home router is worn out or damaged from anywhere, get it replaced with a new one.
Want to choose an easier path in comparison? If yes, consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Update the Extender’s Firmware
Performing Linksys extender firmware update to the latest version can also help you troubleshoot the amber light issue.
Therefore, wait no more, and update the firmware of your wireless device. If you are not sure about the process, refer to the guidelines given in the user manual.
- Get Rid of Signal Interference
Make sure that your Linksys wireless range extender is not placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, etc.
Additionally, avoid placing your extender in corners or near thick concrete walls and utensils containing water.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
Chances are that your Internet Service Provider is not doing his job properly due to which you are struggling with the amber light issue.
Thus, get in touch with him. If he agrees that he is the one at fault, ask him to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
If even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you are facing the amber light issue, consider resetting your Linksys wireless range extender.
Follow the instructions highlighted below and get to know how to restore your device to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Linksys extender.
- Carefully press it using an oil pin
- In some time, your device will get rebooted.
Once you are done resetting your extender, reconfigure it by accessing the Linksys extender login page.
Note: If you want to reconfigure your router after resetting it, consider accessing the Linksys router login page.
Our guide to troubleshoot the Linksys extender amber issue has come to an end here. We hope that the aforementioned tips helped you in resolving the issue at hand. If they did, don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comment section.