This article will explain how to import a single Email file to Outlook. Why do you need to import EML files into Outlook? This is a question that several users have.
An EML file is, after all, an email message. An email program such as MS Outlook or Apple Mail saves this information. It holds the message’s content. Along with the message, the sender, and the message’s date.
EML files can get corrupted at any time. As a result, it is preferable to export them into PST first. The user will then have access to the actual facts and information. In addition, there is no file corruption.
A single email message is stored in an EML file. The PST file, on the other hand, contains the whole mailbox data.
Allows us to comprehend a user’s problem through a user’s query.
Query from The User
When it comes to email, I use Microsoft Outlook. However, I previously used Outlook Express. Outlook Express has been removed from my machine. I have a few EML files that I made with Outlook Express. My essential emails are stored in these EML files, however, I am unable to open them with Outlook. Is there a way to import a single Email file to Outlook that anyone knows?
Methods to Import Single Email File to Outlook
Users can import EML files into Outlook in a variety of methods. The user has the option of using either the manual or professional technique to convert EML to PST
Methods for Performing the Migration Task Manually
This is feasible, but the procedure is lengthy. It’s also perilous because data loss is a possibility. For example, users can transfer EML files from Windows Live Mail to Office 365 using this method.
There are two stages to the conversion. Users must first be converted into PST files. The file would then be imported into Outlook.
It’s a good idea to make a backup of your data before starting this procedure.
Windows Live Mail may be used to Import EML Files into Outlook.
- To begin, launch the application on your local computer.
- Select the file and export options from the drop-down menus. After that, choose the email messages.
- Then, as the export option, select Microsoft Exchange and click the next button.
- Following that, a notification will appear informing users that all emails will be exported to Outlook/Microsoft Exchange. To continue processing, click OK.
- Users can either migrate all email folders or select only the most important folders to export.
- Using the Select Folders option.
- Then press OK.
- After the export pop-up has finished, click Finish.
Microsoft Outlook is used to Import EML Files into Outlook.
Users must have their EML files saved separately on their PC for this method to work. Also, no email client that supports EML should be installed. It is critical to have Outlook installed on your device.
- On your computer, open Outlook.
- Agree on a location for the EML files to be saved. Then choose a file.
- Drag & drop the EML file into the Outlook application.
Using Outlook Express to Import EML
Users must configure their single Email file to Outlook Express in order to complete this activity. By dragging files into the previously described application after it has been imported. After that, users can move on to the next step.
- Open this app on your device and run it.
- Go to the file folder.
- Then choose open and export from the drop-down menu. Then select either import or export.
- Next, select Import online mail and addresses, followed by Outlook Express. Then, to import EML files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, or 2003, click Finish.
Manual Methods Have Limitations
During the procedure, there’s a good chance that files will become corrupted. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the data will remain the same after the process. Email attachments, on the other hand, are rarely migrated to Outlook using these methods.
These manual methods will change the EML file’s SMTP header. Changes will also be made to the meta properties at the same time.
Not only are these manual methods not completely reliable. If the user has a large number of files to import, it will take a long time. In addition to physical exertions.
How to Transfer an EML File to an Outlook PST File in a Professional Way
It is impossible to import EML files into Outlook without losing data. Especially when manual methods are used.
As a result, a professional solution is required. Users can use a professional converter program to convert EML to PST. This solution will deliver a wide range of benefits to users. Supports converting EML files to PST and a variety of other file types. Not only that, but it converts EML to PST while keeping the formatting and properties of the messages. There are numerous advantages as well.
A popular user question is how to import EML files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2007, and other versions. We’ve addressed a variety of manual solutions to this problem. In addition to a professional procedure. However, there are certain drawbacks to using the manual way to complete the operation. As a result, consumers must ponder before employing them.