Curry stains are those stubborn stains that are really hard to remove especially when they are on clothes. The same goes with the fridge. Our refrigerator is the storage unit of all the food and beverage that we consume. It keeps our food fresh and healthy. Our fridge is always loaded with foot right from top to bottom and works 24×7 for us. Thus, it is our responsibility to clean our fridge regularly. The refrigerator becomes dirty due to curry stains and other stains as well like the spilling of milk, turmeric stains, leftover food stains, etc. So, how to clean fridge? If you have discovered that the fridge seal has a curry stain, then it’s time to clean it.
We are sure that you must have tried to clean the gasket with a soapy rag and water, but the stain persists. Isn’t it? You might have used various things present in your bathroom to clean the curry stain. But nothing helps! Don’t worry! There are a variety of ways that you can use to clean your refrigerator gasket. So, let us have a look at them!
Ways to Clean Fridge Seal
There are a number of ways with which you can clean the fridge seal without any fuss and chaos. With just one bad door gasket, our entire refrigerator looks dirty. So, coming back to the ways of cleaning the fridge, let us see some of them.
Toothpaste is a great ingredient when it comes to cleaning. Not only the refrigerator but toothpaste is used for cleaning many things. With just a small amount of the paste, many stubborn stains can be removed. Follow the steps mentioned below for the same.
- All you need to do is take a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on a toothbrush and scrub it on the gasket. Make sure you are using normal toothpaste. Do not use gel-based toothpastes as they might not be of much help.
- Scrub the stain gently and allow the toothpaste to remain for 30 minutes. Again scrub the stain with toothpaste.
- Dip a cloth in soapy water and wipe the toothpaste from the seal. Wipe the surrounding area as well that might have come into contact while the door was closed.
- Then take a dry rag and dry the surrounding area with it.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is one such ingredient that can be used to clean everything. It is a universal cleaning hack that can clean everything. This is an all-purpose cleaner and to clean the refrigerator gasket, you need to do the following.
- Dilute some baking soda in vinegar or water and create a thick paste.
- Once the paste is created apply it to the gasket and leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe the area first with a damp cloth and then with a dry cloth.
- This technique will remove all the stubborn stains that lurk in the fridge seal.
- Lemon Solution
Vinegar and lemons are basic kitchen ingredients that can prove to be your saviors when it comes to cleaning. Lemon or vinegar contains citric acid that effectively cleans everything. Ranging from mirrors to dirty corners of the house – lemons and vinegar got it!
- Dilute the vinegar or 2-3 lemons in water and create a mixture.
- Apply the solution to the stained area and let the mixture sit there for a while.
- Wipe away the solution using a cloth.
- If the stain still remains, then you can use a steel wool scrubber to get rid of it.
- Liquid Detergent
Liquid detergents are amazing solutions to remove any kind of stain. Be it a curry stain or a turmeric stain, liquid detergent can clean them effectively and efficiently. Follow the steps mentioned below regarding how to clean fridge.
- Take a bowl and mix 2-3 drops of liquid detergent with water.
- Use it with a scrub on the stained area and let the detergent stay on it for a couple of minutes.
- Afterward, take steel wool and a dry cloth for cleaning and wiping out the stain.
- Multi-Purpose Cleaners
There are many multi-purpose cleaners that are capable of cleaning every stubborn stain, be it on walls, floors, refrigerators, etc. These all-purpose cleaners clean all kinds of stains from all the surfaces. This is how you can use it:
- To clean the refrigerator gasket, make sure you use a mild bleaching agent. Mild cleaners are capable of cleaning the seal effectively.
- Just simply soap the solution on the gasket and after a minute wipe it.
- Magic Eraser
When none of the techniques seem to be working, you can stick to the magic eraser. Magic eraser cleans the stains easily. It is a sandpaper-like sponge that gets in the stain and wipes away in just a single step. You can get this eraser from any general store. Get it and try it on the stubborn stains.
So, these are some of the best ways regarding how to clean fridge. All the methods are sure-shot and easy. They will definitely remove the stubborn stains that are lurking in your fridge. We agree that curry stains are somewhat very difficult to remove. But with these methods, you can surely get rid of them. Try these techniques and tell which one was the easiest and less time-consuming!
- How to clean fridge?
Well, to clean the refrigerator, you can employ any of the methods mentioned above. These are easy methods that can help you in removing the stains effectively.
- Which is the best method to remove stains from the refrigerator’s seal?
All the methods are amazing but baking soda is one of the best and easiest methods of removing stains from fridge seals. Follow the instructions mentioned above for the same.
- Are curry stains permanent?
No, curry stains are not permanent. We can remove them through various methods. Not only that, but you can also use these techniques to clean curry stains from clothes, walls, floors, etc.
- How to remove old curry stains?
Just mix one tablespoon of liquid detergent with white vinegar and apply it to the stain. Within 5-10 minutes, you’ll see that the stain has been completely removed.