So, you updated the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router. But, what happened? Is your Netgear Orbi not working after the firmware update? Well, we can help you out. In this article, we will look at one of the most common problems faced by Netgear Orbi users, i.e., the Orbi not working after firmware update. So, without any delay, let’s hop up to the troubleshooting guide to get the issue fixed.
Fixed: Orbi Not Working After Firmware Update
Users set up Orbi routers in their homes to fill the WiFi dead zones with a speedy internet connection. However, some routers get bricked after updating the firmware. What’s the reason behind this and how can you troubleshoot the issue? Let’s find out.
1. Restart the Orbi
If your Netgear Orbi router has denied working after firmware update, then the first thing you can do to fix the issue is to restart it. Restarting the Netgear Orbi router is also known as rebooting. It is the simplest and convenient way to resolve many issues such as Orbi satellite not connecting to the router. All you need to do is follow these instructions to restart the router:
- Disconnect your Orbi router from the existing modem.
- Now, switch off your Orbi router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Let your Orbi device rest for some time.
- Plug the router back into the wall outlet and switch it on.
2. Check the Internet Connection
Perhaps, your internet connection is poor due to which you are experiencing the ‘Orbi router not working after firmware update’ issue. The internet connection can become due to a weaker communication between your Orbi router and the modem. Therefore, check whether your WiFi devices are placed in close proximity or not. If not, then consider bringing them closer. On the other hand, if you are using a wired connection, ensure that the Ethernet cable used to connect the Orbi router and the modem is damage-free.
If everything is OK with the connection between your WiFi devices, then the internet connection issue might be from the end of your ISP. Thus, get in touch with your ISP and ask him to look into the matter.
3. Check the Firmware Version
Now, heading towards the most prominent reason that has bricked your Orbi router after the firmware update. Most users often download the wrong firmware file and upload it on their routers. As a result, the router stops working.
Thus, make sure that the firmware file you’ve downloaded is according to the hardware version of the Orbi router. Apart from that, executing the incorrect steps to update the Orbi firmware can also lead you to the issue you are currently facing.
4. Reset the Orbi Router
If you’ve reached this point, surely you haven’t succeeded in fixing the issue. The last resort left to resolve the ‘Orbi router not working firmware update’ issue is to reset the Orbi device. It will be quite helpful for you to resolve the issue. The reason being factory default reset will erase all the customized settings from the router.
Given below are the steps to follow in order to reset your Netgear Orbi router:
- Ensure that your Orbi device is receiving an adequate electricity supply.
- Now, start looking for the Reset button on the Orbi router.
- As soon as you locate the button, grab an oil pin, and press the button.
- Hold on for a moment.
- Your Orbi device is now restored to the factory default mode.
Now, set up your router from scratch by accessing Orbilogin.net and update the firmware.
Steps to Update Netgear Orbi Firmware
- Download the firmware file for the Orbi device and save it on your PC.
- Now, access the Netgear Orbi login page and use the default login credentials of the router to reach the BASIC Home screen.
- Click the Settings menu and move the cursor to the Advanced tab.
- Look for the Maintenance option and click Firmware Update.
- The Firmware Update window will welcome you where you will be prompted to upload the firmware file.
- So, click the Browse button to locate the firmware file and upload it.
- Your Netgear Orbi will get updated.
Note: Consider not performing any background activity on your PC while executing the firmware update process.
In this way, you can update the firmware of your router by accessing the orbilogin page.
Undoubtedly, updating the firmware of the Netgear Orbi router holds a paramount place. But, make sure that you won’t make your device non-functional due to some reasons. So, bidding adieu with the hope that you will use the aforementioned tips to bring your router back on track.