Himachal Pradesh in India is the most famous attraction for tourists, guarded by the Himalayas. It is famous for its beautiful landscapes, and also for many adventurous activities like paragliding, skiing, treks, hot spring, etc.
Many people say that a wise man used to meditate near a lake, and that is why he was sanctified, they also believe that is why the lake never freezes completely. This wise man was a great sage in Indian history, Maharishi Bhrigu.
Journey buran ghati trek can be done with friends and family.
Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Bhrigu Lake Altitude:14,100 ft
- Bhrigu LakeTrek Distance: 26 km
Bhrigu Lake’s altitude is very high and it is a glacial lake located in the upper Kullu Valley on the eastern side of the popular Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh. Bhrigu Lake Trek is one of the best trekking options in Manali. Meadows and pastures are visible during the hike stretch. This trek starts from Manali. A growing tourist hotspot, Manali is well-connected to all modes of transportation, including trains, buses, and cars. Reaching Manali takes about 12 hours by bus from Delhi. If you want to shorten your travel time, you can also fly to Buntar Airport, just 10km from Manali. You can also reach Manali by car, but the roads are a bit treacherous and the drive is a bit longer, but scenic.
Bhrigu lake is an ideal trekking opportunity for both beginners, and seasoned trekkers as well as for families. The Bhrigu Lake trek is full of nature’s wonders Perched atop an altitude of 14,000 feet, this trek offers stunning views of the alpine meadows and grasslands and you will be able to see the seven sister peaks.
You can also will spot horses galloping around the meadows or grazing on the pastures You will also catch sightings of the mighty Pir Panjal and the Dhauladhar Range dominating the skyline around you. To observe the meadows at their greenest.
Bhrigu lake Temperature
The average temperature at Bhrigu Lake is about 0°C to 10°C, whereas in summer the temperature is between 15°C to -25°C.
The Bhrigu Lake trek route
From Manali, you have to drive to Glaba to Laura Kohli. The hike takes about 4-5 hours and is about 7 km long.
Grabah is the starting point of the Bhrigu Lake trek, a 22 km drive from Manali. This place, Grabah, is on the road to Rohtang Pass. The trek starts from Gulaba and passes through Rola Kholi. After that, there is a steep climb up to Brig and then back down. The trek from Lola to Brig Lake to Pandu Ropa takes approximately 7-8 hours and is 14 km long.
Best time to visit the Bhrigu Lake
It is ideal for you to visit Bhingu Lake in the months between July to September and at that time you will also be able to spot quite a lot of wildflowers. The meadows may change color from time to time. Easily accessible from Manali, this is an ideal weekend trek for solo as well as group travelers and families.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Package
Bhrigu Lake Trek Package:
- for 4 persons is ₹ 7,200.
- for 5 persons is ₹ 6,600.
- for 6 to 7 persons is ₹ 6,000.
This package includes:
- All meals from day 1 to day 3 (Breakfast, lunch, afternoon and evening snacks, and dinner, tea, etc.) All dishes are vegetarian.
- 2 nights camping on a twin-share basis at.
- Resident trekking guide, who communicates in Hindi and basic English.
- Hiking and camping permit fee.
- Transfer from Manali/Vashisht to Kurhan, the starting point of the trek.
The Bhrigu Lake Trek is not expensive. If you want to do it, you can save about 6000 to 7000 per person. When you book with a tour operator, you’ll receive a complete package that includes meals throughout your trip. This accommodation is tented on a triple, shared, or double basis.
Bhrigu Lake Trekking Tips
- Wear loose-fitting apparel, such as full-sleeved shirts or sweatshirts.
- When you’re on a high mountain, your skin dries in an instant. So, you must carry a sunscreens.
- You must bring glucose powder since it provides quick energy.
- Please do not carry any suitcases with you on the trek.
- For the first hike, choose an easy hiking path.
- Carry low weight backpack.
- Carry emergency items like a first-aid kit, bandages, medication for headaches, surgical tape, antiseptic cream, sun cream, etc.
- Keep a down jacket, a sweater, woollen pants, and rain gear on hand.
- Carry a Toilet kit with extra towels, toilet paper, and soap
- Pocketknife and winter duffel bag
If you love nature and trekking, the Brig Lake trek will be an amazing experience. Be prepared physically and mentally. What are you waiting for after this? If you enjoy your vacation in Manali, don’t miss the Brig Lake Trek.
Bhrigu Lake altitude is 14,100 feet and it is the perfect place for breathtaking adventure and thrills. One of his most fascinating short treks in the Himalayas, the Buri Lake Trek in Manali takes you to see high-altitude alpine lakes, green meadows, and everything your heart has been waiting for. The enchanting lake has a majestic beauty that changes color with the seasons. Just book your trip and fall in love with this place.