- Woolworths offers some flexibility as you could get your car insured against its market value or its agreed value depending on your needs.
- You can make up to 15% savings on your new policy if you buy online with Woolies (Ts&Cs apply). This is a little higher than Coles, who offer 10%.
- Personal effects cover of up to $500 is $250 less than Qantas and just half of what’s offered by Stella (we compared comprehensive plans only).
review by our car insurance elder writer James Martin
Compare Woolworths car insurance policy options
1 – 4 of 4
Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance Price Beat – Over 25 lone
Get a quote and if you’re 25 or over and if it is not cheaper than your current comparable renewal notice, Woolworths will beat it. T&C’s apply.
Save up to 15 % on Woolworths Car insurance
Buy online and save up to 15%. T&C’s apply.
What are the different Woolworths car insurance types?
Woolworths Comprehensive Car Insurance
This Woolworths cable car indemnity offers cover for fire, larceny, damage ascribable to weather events, accidental wrong and malicious damage. The benefits included are :
- Cover for child safety seats and pram if they are damaged during a car accident
- 24-hour helpline for assistance on emergency claims
- New for old replacement for the car if you are the registered car owner
- Towing costs to get the car towed to a safe place
- In the event the car’s keys are stolen, the insurance pays up to $1,000 to help pay for the replacement key and get the car lock changed
- If there is a trailer and caravan attached to the car and they get damaged during an accident, the damage will be covered up to $1,000
- The insurance offers cover for valuables and personal property damaged during the car accident
- If the car owner is over 200 km from home and due to some fault the car cannot be driven, the insurance covers the cost of emergency travel and accommodation
Woolworths Third Party Property Damage with Fire and Theft Cover
This policy can cover you with the all-important third party property damage liability indemnity, equally well as offer :
- Cover for accidental loss or damage to your car from theft, attempted theft, malicious damage and fire
- A repair guarantee on specially selected Woolworths repairers
- Up to $500 for replacement of child safety seats, baby capsules and prams damaged in a claimable event
- Lock and key replacement in the event of your keys being stolen
- Coverage for valuables in your car that were damaged in an accident
- Repair costs for trailer or caravan attached to your car and damaged in an accident
- Protection against damage to your car when it’s being transported
This traverse type is priced between one-third party property damage and comprehensive examination, and offers a libra of cost and cover .
Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance
Third Party Property Damage Cover from Woolworths covers damage to other vehicles and besides offers legal liability brood to the driver, ampere long as he or she is driving the cable car with the owner ‘s permission. You can find cover charge for :
- Legal liability cover that pays compensation for any damage or loss caused to another person’s property because of the accident. Here the car owner should be at fault
- The insurance includes Uninsured Motorist Extension benefit that covers any damage to the car if the accident is caused by an uninsured driver. The damage is covered to the sum of $3,000.
- Car owners also have the option of choosing the excess they pay when they take out the policy
How do Woolworths car insurance policy features compare?
|Cover||Comprehensive||Third Party Property, Fire & Theft||Third Party Property Damage|
|Theft or attempted theft|
|Damage to other people’s property|
|New for old replacement||Yes – If your car is written off within 2 years of the original registration|
|Hire car after theft||Up to $50 per day (Max 14 days)||Up to $50 per day (Max 14 days)|
|Drive Less Pay Less eligibility|
|Trailer and caravan cover||$1,000||$1,000|
|Child safety seats and prams||$500||$500|
|Emergency travel and accommodation costs||$500||$500|
|Locks and keys||$1,000||$1,000||$0|
|Towing costs||Reasonable cost||Reasonable cost|
|Uninsured motorist extension benefit||$3,000||$3,000|
|Excess free windscreen cover||Optional||Optional|
|Hire car cover||Optional – Up to $50 per day||Optional – Up to $50 per day|
What benefits does Woolworths car insurance offer?
The following are built-in benefits that are covered if a car owner buys Comprehensive Car Insurance. Woolworths will pay for these benefits .
- New for old replacement. If the car is declared a total loss within 2 years of the registration, Woolworths will replace the old car with a new one – as long as you are the first registered owner of the car. This replacement would be the same or similar make and model, as per the market value of the car.
- Drive Less Pay Less. If you drive no more than 15,000km per year, you can be eligible for a premium saving on your comprehensive insurance. You’ll just need to tell Woolies your car’s odometer reading each year.
- Towing. The insurance pays for towing of the damaged car to the closest safe or secure place.
- Trailer and caravan cover. Woolworths pays up to $1,000 for loss or damage to a caravan or trailer that is attached to the car at the time of the accident. The trailer or caravan will not be covered if they are insured with another insurance provider.
- Essential repairs. The insurance pays up to $500 for essential repairs that may ensue after an accident. These repairs should be made to make the car roadworthy and safe.
- Personal property. Personal property to the sum of $500 damaged in the accident is covered by the insurance policy. Items that are exempt from cover include mobile phones, iPads, gaming consoles, cameras, musical instruments, laptops, tools, equipment, cheques, cash and documents and property inside the caravan or trailer.
- Child safety seats and prams. If child seats, prams and baby capsules are damaged during an accident, a benefit of up to $500 will be paid.
- Emergency travel and accommodation costs. If the car cannot be driven and the car owner is more than 200 km from home, the insurance will pay up to $500 for travel or emergency accommodation costs.
- Locks and keys. If the car keys are stolen, Woolworths will pay up to $1,000 to replace the keys and/or replace the locks. This amount is payable only if the car owner reports the theft to the police and the person who has stolen the keys is not a family member or someone who lives with the car owner.
- Transit cover. Woolworths car insurance pays for any loss or damage the car sustains while it is being transported, loaded or unloaded within Australia. This transportation can be by rail, ship, air or road.
- Uninsured motorist extension benefit. Should a car owner have Third Party Property Damage insurance and the car is involved in an accident, which is caused by a motorist who does not have insurance, the insurance will pay up to $3,000 towards repair of the damage and towing costs. There are certain criteria that the car owner must fulfil in order to avail this benefit.
- Substitute car benefit. If the car cannot be driven and the car owner has an accident while driving an uninsured but registered substitute car, Woolworths car insurance will offer Third Party Property Damage cover for the substitute car while the car owner’s car is being repaired.
What does Woolworths roadside assistance offer?
You can add wayside aid to any of the policy types, so you know precisely who to call in the event of a dislocation. It can help out with :
- Minor repairs: Woolworths will organise minor breakdown repairs to be carried out where possible.
- Flat batteries: Woolworths roadside assistance will offer a jump start, or coordinate a replacement battery to be delivered to you. The cost of the battery itself isn’t covered, but you can get it delivered to and installed in your car.
- Emergency fuel: If you run out of fuel, Woolworths can arrange the delivery of enough to reach your destination, up to a certain limit, or towing to a petrol station.
- Flat tyres: Get a flat, and Woolworths can send someone to either change it for your spare, or to transport the car to a tyre outlet.
- Lost or locked keys: Woolworths roadside assistance contributes up to $50 to locksmith costs if you lock your keys inside the car, or for the delivery of a spare key.
- Towing: If you’re stuck, Woolworths roadside assistance covers towing of up to 100km within a capital city or major town.
Terms and conditions apply to the wayside aid. For example, you wo n’t be able to call it out if your car is damaged because you were drag racing on a public road .
What optional extras are there?
- Roadside assistance. Help just a phone call away, 24 hours a day.
- Excess-free windscreen cover. Woolworths will pay the cost of replacing or repairing the front windscreen of your car if it is accidentally broken or damaged.
- Hire car. If your claim is accepted, Woolies will organise a hire car for you.
What makes Woolworths car insurance different?
There are a number of unlike reasons to consider taking out Woolworths Car Insurance ;
- Drive Less Pay Less. The Drive Less Pay Less option might be good for people who drive less than the average for their age and postcode. This option provides excellent savings as drivers are able to nominate an annual number of kilometres that they will drive each year and increase this amount if necessary.
- Price beat. Woolies confimed to Finder they will “price beat against any current comparable comprehensive renewal notice”.
- Online Application Savings. Keen to save even more on your car cover? Woolworths occasionally offers discounts on new car insurance policies purchased online.
- Product Range. The company offers comprehensive car insurance that ensures a wide range of cover, including fire, theft and accidental damage. Comprehensive cover comes with a range of additional policy options including new for old cover for up to 24 months if you are the first registered owner. Woolworths Third Party Property Insurance provides cover for damage caused to another person’s property and will provide cover for any person that is driving the car with your permission.
Is Woolworths car insurance right for me?
- With an innovative underwriter, Woolworths may offer creative deals – like price beating comparable comprehensive car insurance renewal – that you might have difficulty finding elsewhere.
- A full spectrum of policies from basic to comprehensive means most drivers can find the cover they need with Woolworths.
- Woolworths’ 24/7 claims team is based in Australia so you can find the right assistance in the event of a claim.
- You can take advantage of Drive Less Pay Less cover for the security of comprehensive car insurance even when you don’t drive all that much. If you drive less than the average Australian you may be eligible for a discount.
- A variety of optional extras and flexible cover features mean you are able to tailor Woolworths car insurance policies to more closely meet your needs.
- The Price Beat offer is not available to drivers under the age of 25.
- You have to make the switch within a month, either before or after, of your current car insurance renewal date if you want to take advantage of the Price Beat offer.
- You can’t get covered for motor sports, professional driving, driving outside Australia or if you use your vehicle to move industrial quantities of contaminants or dangerous materials.
- Even comprehensive car insurance will not cover you against rust, wear and tear, depreciation or faulty repair jobs that Woolworths has not consented to.
To work out if this cover is suitable for you, it ‘s important to read the PDS and the Target Market Determination (TMD) – both documents can be found on Woolies ‘ web site. Some of the samara requirements for your vehicle are that it must be a passenger car, ute, or mini-van that ‘s in thoroughly repair and legally registered in an australian department of state or territory .
How do I apply for Woolworths car insurance?
- Compare the cover options available and find one that’s right for your needs.
- To get the Price Beat offer, you must be at least 25 years of age. You also need to have comparable comprehensive car insurance from a different provider, and must make the switch within a month of your policy renewal date.
- Put in your Woolworths Rewards membership details if applicable to maximise your benefits.
once you ‘ve found your intended policy and made sure you know the relevant terms and conditions, just get a quote on-line. To receive a quote you will need :
- A policy start-date in mind. If you want to make the switch right away select today’s date in the box provided
- Driver’s licence and vehicle registration information
- Car usage info to see if you can get the Drive Less Pay Less benefit and so Woolworths can adjust your policy to suit
- Information on your car’s make and model
- Relevant personal information such as name and address
Frequently asked questions about Woolworths car insurance
Who is the Woolworths car insurance underwriter?
Woolworths ( AR No. 24 54 76 ) is underwrite by the The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ( AFSL 24 14 36 ) .
Is Woolworths car insurance good?
With Woolworths, there are two benefits in particular that might set its car policy apart :
- Drive less pay less comprehensive cover – If you don’t drive a lot then this can be an especially important option to look for.
- Price matching deals – Price matching deals can naturally offer value for money that’s hard to beat.
If the cover meets your needs, it might be well deserving getting a quotation mark or asking for price matching from Woolworths .
What do I need to make a claim?
You can reach the Woolworths claims team by calling 1300 10 1234. If you ‘ve been involved in an accident, make sure you got the other driver ‘s :
- Full name and address
- Car registration
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number
How do I cancel a Woolworths car insurance policy?
You may cancel your cover any time you want. If you ‘re paying premiums monthly there will be no refund.
Read more: Wodonga – Wikipedia
If you ‘re paying premiums annually, you can get a refund for any unused part of the premiums, minus statutory charges and the cancellation tip .
How do I make a claim?
To make a car insurance claim, call Woolworths ‘ 24/7 claims team on 1300 10 1234. They ‘ll take the relevant details and give you a claim number and your future steps .
Category : Uncategorized