About Comet Connection
The Comet Connection is a plan for Texas residential district college students who know they want to complete a knight bachelor ’ s degree at The University of Texas at Dallas. This alone program invites transfer students to become introduce with the many services available to UT Dallas students while beginning to build a near association with the University. All biennial colleges in the state of matter of Texas are participating partners in the UT Dallas Comet Connection program .
Opportunities unique to Comet Connection members :
- Tuition Savings: Participate in the UT Dallas Guaranteed Tuition Plan.
- Deferred Admission: Defer admission for up to 12 months.
- Degree Completion: Transfer UT Dallas course credit back to your community college to complete your associate degree.
- Early Advising: Meet one-on-one with UT Dallas academic advisors.
- Career Preparation: Access to pre-health professions and pre-law advising centers.
- Library Privileges: Use the UT Dallas Library through the TexShare program.
- Student Discounts: Join us at campus and athletic events and get the Comet Connection student rate.
Join Comet Connection +
When choosing Texas community college courses, reference the UT Dallas transfer plans to guide you towards classes that will immediately apply to your bachelor ’ s degree.
Join Comet Connection
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours at your community college.
- Be in good standing with your community college.
- Download and fill out the Comet Connection agreement form.
- Dallas County Community College District students should use the DCCCD pre-admission form.
- Collin College students should use the Collin College pre-admission form.
- Have an academic advisor at your community college sign the agreement form.
- Return the form to the UT Dallas Office of Admission and Enrollment Services.
Apply to UT Dallas
- Complete a minimum of 30 transferable credit hours at your community college.
- Submit the following documents to UT Dallas:
- ApplyTexas application for transfer admission and official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended prior to posted deadlines.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. You may have this fee waived by attending Preview Friday. Application fees already paid cannot be reimbursed.
Enroll at UT Dallas
- Declare your intent to enroll.
- Register for transfer orientation.
- Schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
- For Comet Connection members, admission is valid for 12 months from the semester of admission. Comet Connection students who plan to defer enrollment must submit a Petition for Undergraduate Deferment of Admission form, which is located under the Admission Forms folder in their Galaxy account. Deferment requests must be filed by census day of the original application term.
Lock In Your Tuition +
Lock in your tuition – Guaranteed
As a Comet Connection member, you can lock in your tutelage rate for five years from the time your signed Comet Connection agreement is processed. tuition is charged at an hourly rate for up to 12 credit hours. Additional hours do not incur a foster charge for tuition. For more information, go to UT Dallas ’ Guaranteed Tuition Plan website .
|Deadlines for U.S. Citizens and Residents|
|tuition Lock Enrollment Date||Fixed tutelage rate||Final Semester of Fixed Tuition Rate|
|January 1 – June 30, 2020||Fall 2019||Summer 2024|
|January 1 – June 30, 2021||Fall 2020||Summer 2025|
For University admission criteria, visit the admission requirements page .
For more data about the Comet Connection program, email [ e-mail protected ] or schedule a pre-admission counseling date to meet with an admission counselor .