If your employment has been affected by COVID-19, you can apply for unemployment benefits. We are taking steps to make the application work a little elementary for those involve. Please yield with us as we work to adjust our processes to address these extraordinary times. The Walz-Flanagan administration and the Minnesota Legislature are actively considering a diverseness of measures to assist workers and businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We will post updates on this site and on mn.gov/deed — please check back regularly. Applying for Unemployment Benefits If you are a worker who has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the application summons is largely the like as it would be for any other unemployed proletarian in Minnesota. What Happens After You Apply
- The Unemployment Insurance Program is designed primarily for layoffs. Obviously, we are dealing with a different set of circumstance now. We are working hard to make UI work well for Minnesotans in this time of crisis.
- We are expediting processes where we can in order remove barriers to getting paid. Please bear with us as we take these steps.
- Within a few days of applying for benefits, we will send you an Information Handbook and password so you can access your account.
- The first compensable week is called your “non-payable week”. Unless you already “served” your non-payable week for an account established earlier this year, the first full week you are unemployed will likely be your non-payable week.
- You will still need to submit a weekly payment request for your non-payable week.
- If we are not able to establish your weekly benefit amount based on the records available to us, we may need to contact you to obtain additional information.
Questions and Answers About Hour Reductions/Layoffs My employer reduced my hours as a solution of COVID-19. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ? If your hours or your rate of pay have been substantially reduced, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. We encourage all workers affected by COVID-19 to apply for unemployment benefits. The UI Program will review your lotion and determine your eligibility for benefits. My employer temporarily laid me off as a result of COVID-19. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ?
unemployment benefits are available to individuals who are unemployed through no blame of their own. If your employer shut down operations and no study is available, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits ( assuming you meet other eligibility requirements ). My employer permanently laid me off as a result of COVID-19. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ? unemployment benefits are available to individuals who are unemployed through no fault of their own. If your employer shut down operations and no work is available, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits ( assuming you meet other eligibility requirements ). I took a volunteer layoff. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ? unemployment benefits may be available to some workers who take a voluntary layoff to avoid the layoff of another proletarian ( and meet certain other requirements ). Contact us if you have questions about volunteer layoffs. Will I be required to look for bring while receiving unemployment benefits ? If you are temporarily laid off, you can meet work search requirements by staying in regular contact with your employer. If you are permanently laid off, you will need to actively seek desirable employment. My employer required me to take a leave of absence due to COVID-19. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ?
Workers who are receiving vacation pay, brainsick pay, or personal meter off ( PTO ) pay equivalent to their normal rate of pay are ineligible for unemployed people benefits. If your employer required you to take an unpaid impart of absence, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. I have chosen to take a voluntary, unpaid leave of absence due to COVID-19. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits ? We are suggesting that workers who find themselves in this site apply for unemployment benefits to find out if they are eligible .