Games on GitHub
Below is a list of open source games and game-related projects that can be found on GitHub – old school textbook adventures, educational games, 8-bit platform games, browser-based games, indie games, GameJam projects, add-ons/maps/hacks/plugins for commercial games, libraries, frameworks, engines, you name it.
If you ’ d like to add a repository to the number, please create an consequence, or fork this repository and submit a extract request ( cluck here to edit this file from github ). help oneself : MarkDown Help, Markdown Cheatsheet
Table of Contents.
A choice of major game studios, publishers, etc. using GitHub : ——-
- Chromacore – 2D musical platformer set in a dark, black & white world that progressively becomes more colorful and happy through successful gameplay.
- Emberwind – HTML5 port of the indie platform game Emberwind. Play it now!
- OpenLara – Classic Tomb Raider open-source engine.
- PixelPlatformer – Simple platformer game that demonstrates the power of the Entity game engine.
- Platform – A small game was made with Phaser Game Engine. Play it now!
- Platforms – 3D platform hopping. Made with ThreeJS (WebGL) Play now!
Point and Click
- Oolite – Oolite is an open world space opera based on Elite
- OpenTomb – An open-source Tomb Raider 1-5 engine remake.
- pac-person-freespace – Driving and shooting game that gets some inspiration from Pac-man.
- Stunt Rally – Rally game with Track Editor, based on VDrift and OGRE.
- SuperTuxKart – Free 3D kart racing game featuring open source mascots.
- Yorg – Yorg’s an Open Racing Game, free open source racing game developed by Ya2 using Panda3D for Windows, OSX and Linux. Homepage
- Blackvoxel – Sandbox game based on a molecular voxel interaction engine.
- Craft – Simple Minecraft clone written in C using modern OpenGL.
- Endless Sky – Space trading and combat game similar to the classic Escape Velocity series.
- Freeminer – Sandbox game inspired by Minecraft.
- Mindustry – A sandbox tower defense game.
- Minecraft – Simple Minecraft-inspired demo written in Python and Pyglet.
- Manic Digger – A multiplayer block-building voxel game, Minecraft clone.
- MineCraft-One-Week-Challenge – I challenged myself to see if I could create Minecraft in just one week using C++ and OpenGL… So lets go!
- Minetest – Infinite-world block sandbox game with survival and crafting.
- Pycraft – A Minecraft-inspired game for the terminal.
- Rigs of Rods – Soft-Body physics simulator for vehicles and more.
- Space Engineers – Space Engineers is a voxel-based sandbox game set in an asteroid field in space.
- Terasology – Voxel world game engine inspired by Minecraft and others with fancy graphic effects and a heavy focus on extensibility.
- The Powder Toy – Falling-sand physics sandbox game.
- Voxels – 3D sandbox game designed to be Minecraft compatible (functionality-wise)
Game Boy Color
- µCity – The open-source city-building game for Game Boy Color.
- BlockHeadU – A simple tetris game for Linux, Windows, nds, and the PSP coded in C.
- BlockOut II – BlockOut_II_PSP is a Sony Playstation Portable port of BlockOut II game by Jean-Luc PONS.
- drops – Fast paced tiny game for linux/PSP.
- FinalBurn Alpha – Unreleased port of FBA to PSP (circa 2008), includes fancy asm 68000 cpu core.
- Lamecraft – Unofficial Fork of Lamecraft, a Minecraft clone for the PSP/PS Vita to GitHub.
- Memory-Game – The first memory card game written for the PSP, originally released in 2005.
- Minecraft PSP – Minecraft PSP is a new Lamecraft mod based on s4inexcraft 1.2.
- Old-Powder-Toy – Old version of Powder Toy from a PSP port.
- Powder-Toy – The Powder Toy for PSP
- PSP-Bot – Reflexion/logic game for Playstation Portable.
- PSP-Maps – Maps browser for the PSP by Antoine Jacquet.
- Quake – A port of id Software’s Quake Quake 1 for PSP v 1.0 by Juraj Styk
- Rainbow Blaster – Rainbow Blaster Game for the PSP
- ToneMatrix – Drum machine for the PSP.
c4bot – Chat bot that plays Connect Four with you, works in web chat, Facebook Messenger, Skype, and Telegram. Play it now!
Just The Source
Maps/Hacks/Plugins/Utilities/All of the Things™
This work is licensed under a creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.