All You Need to Know : Sandspit and Shining Waters Family Fun Park, PEI
disclosure : Our family received a family exceed for both Sandspit and Shining Waters Family Fun Park in Cavendish in exchange for this web log post. It was our finish to research the best tips for visiting these locations with your class. This is the resultant role of our quest. All opinions are our own or those we interviewed. It was on our son’s top list of things to do this summer – go to PEI’s Sandspit and Shining Waters Family Fun Park. We decided at the last minute to make it happen, so it was a bite catchy finding a place to stay.
Our first tip is to book early if you are coming for a summer-time adventure in PEI! Maritime Fun owns both attractions ( adenine well as Magic Mountain in New Brunswick ). We have included these two great parks together in one mail with a lean section for each park, and a section for both. For a bang-up overview of both, check out Daniel ’ s newest YouTube Video !
This was our first clock to go to Sandspit. The way the boys described it was
Sandspit is like a traveling fair but permanent and better .
Sandspit has lots of activities for all ages, making it fun for the whole family.
It is a little park, which means parents can stand precisely about anywhere and watch the kids, or easily pick a confluence point for older kids to go off on their own for a piece. It ’ second accomplishable and not consuming. We had so much fun going on the rides together, and I have to say, there is nothing better for family therapy than bumper cars and bumper boats! 1. Arrive first thing in the morning: The park opened at 10am when we were there, and we were right there at the door. It is less blistering in the good morning, and fewer people were in the park. This meant the line ups were much shorter. The most we had to wait for a ride was about 5 minutes. 2. Head for the roller coaster first : As it is a popular ride, the line ups can get longer throughout the day. If you start your day at the roller coaster, the line ups are shorter. 3. Go and come back: Because you get an all-day watchband, it allows you to come and go as you please. We left the park after about 2.5 hours when it started to get actually hot. then, we went to the beach and came back after supper.
4. Return in the evening: In August, the nights are dark again, and so we came back to Sandspit when it was dark for another hour of rides. It was so beautiful to be there in the evening with all the rides lit up! 4.In August, the nights are black again, and so we came rear to Sandspit when it was dark for another hour of rides. It was sol beautiful to be there in the evening with all the rides lit up ! 5. Sunblock ! There is little shade, specially if you are in line for the rides, so wear ’ t forget to reapply ! More on Sandspit
Shining Waters Family Fun Park
We were last at Shining Waters about 5 years ago when the boys were quite little and couldn ’ metric ton go on all the rides. Since we have been, there are newly additions, including a curler coaster and submarine depend on we used to enjoy at Crystal Palace. I besides love Shining Waters because many of the pieces came from Rainbow Valley, one of our favorite places to visit in cavendish when we were kids. Oh, the memories ! There are many activities for kids of all ages at Shining Waters. We spent about 2 hours in the main park before heading to the water system park.
Read more: Is https://shayski.com down and not working right now? Submit a report and join the discussion.
There is a draw to enjoy in the water park from roller coasters to the witches ’ cave, swinging bridges, a pet grow and the topsy turvy house ! Children under 8 would get the most enjoyment out of the main park, while the water park is a great place for older kids (and younger, too!) to hang out.
1. Head straight for the water park: The water park is busiest during the peak of the day. If you head to the water park between 10 -12 or 4 – 6 when the line ups are shorter. 1.The water park is busiest during the bill of the day. If you head to the body of water ballpark between 10 -12 or 4 – 6 when the line ups are shorter.
2. Go for single tubes: There are two waterslides that require tubes and you can either use a single one or a double tube. The line up to get the double tubes is much longer, so go for the single tubes when you can. 2.There are two waterslides that require tubes and you can either use a single one or a double metro. The line up to get the double tube is much longer, so go for the individual tube when you can. 3. Cannon Bowl Slide: The boys discovered that this depend on was a set more fun when they went on a double metro down the ride because they had the extra burden to go faster. 4. Life jackets : kids who can ’ t swim need to wear life jackets in the pond ( which they supply several of ) and muddle jumpers/arm floaties are not allowed. 5. Lockers are available in the waterpark section of the park on a pay up per use basis. The monetary value per manipulation is $ 1.
6. Stake out a deck chair and leave your towels there.
7. Bring extra towels as ours promptly become overcharge. More on Shining Waters
Both Shining Waters and Sandspit
1. Pack a picnic lunch. There are a few places to get food on locate, but it ’ s a lot cheaper and healthier to pack your own lunch. We left our lunch in the car and went back to get it at lunch time. There are lots of tables near the park lot .
When we visited, our boys were 9 and 11. If you are going to these parks with younger children, check out this blog post by Itsy Bitsy Haligonians with lots of great tips for visiting with youngsters.
Dogs are allowed at Sandspit.
At Shining Waters, you can take your cad in the “ community park ” area before the ticket booth. otherwise, pets are not permitted in the ballpark. Four kennels are available to rent at the front man capture on a beginning come, foremost serve basis, for a $ 10 refundable deposition and can be arranged through the battlefront entrance booth .
Tickets are available on-line through Maritime Fun or at the gate. CAA members receive a discount rate.
If you ’ re going with a family for any measure of time it is deserving it to buy the class hebdomadally pas called the a limited package called the Slide & Ride XL. It allows you unlimited admittance to all amusements : Sandspit, Shining Waters, Ripleys Believe it or not and the others owned by the Maritime Fun Group. The weekly pass for a family of four was $ 385 for a week taxes in outright visits ( STC ). Ticket prices drop after 4pm!
If you are looking for a great way to spend a fun day with your family, head to Shining Waters Family Fun Park and Sandspit in Cavendish, PEI!
Save Save Save Save
Read more: Tetris Echalk – Apps Store
Save ( Visited 230 times, 1 visits today )
Category : Uncategorized