Reading: Neptune Vasilias
[ 1 ]
Red, White, Black
Goggles, Tie, Fingerless Gloves
6’3″ (1.91 meters)
- Unnamed mother
- Jupiter Vasilias (older brother)
Best Day Ever “
- Kerry Shawcross (English)
- Yoshiki Nakajima (Japanese)
Neptune Vasilias [ 2 ] is a member of Team SSSN. His weapon of choice is Tri-Hard, a accelerator that can transform into a guandao or a trident. He made his first appearance in “ Best Day Ever “ .
Neptune is a adolescent boy with tan skin, Blue eyes and messy light-blue haircloth in the form of an undercut. He wears a white snip shirt and black tie under a bolshevik jacket adorned with a wide, retrousse, black collar and a eloquent reticle across the back. He besides sports a pair of gray jeans with black slog strapped to the sides vitamin a well as black shoes fastened with straps alternatively of laces.
Read more: Anatomy of a Yale dorm room
noteworthy accessories within his attire include black fingerless gloves and a pair of yellow-tinted goggles typically worn on his brow. however, when necessary, Neptune will not hesitate to make hardheaded practice of the latter, protecting his eyes from weave and sandpaper in high-speed chases and battles, as seen in “ Painting the Town … “ and “ New Challengers … “ .
regular kit Prom suit from Burning the Candle and Dance Dance Infiltration
Neptune is shown to be a calm, collected, and respectful individual with a carefree personality. He maintains a cocksure impression with people he meets and much hangs out with his ally, Sun Wukong, who describes him as being cool. [ 3 ] Neptune is prone to flirting with girls, as shown through his interactions with Yang Xiao Long, [ 4 ] Weiss Schnee, [ 5 ] and even Miltia and Melanie Malachite, despite having precisely met them at the time. however, he is entirely successful with Weiss. [ 4 ] He ‘s shown to be fashion-conscious, like when he interjects that Sun does n’t know what he ‘s talking about following the latter ‘s claim that he can plainly wear his fooling clothes to the approaching Beacon Dance. [ 6 ] aside from fitting with the stereotyped popular guy effigy, he may have an intellectual side angstrom well, as evidenced in the sequence “ Welcome to Beacon “. When Sun says “ Do n’t be a nerd ”, Neptune promptly corrects his acquaintance, calling himself an “ cerebral ”. This intellectual side of him shows through, when it is later mentioned that he defeated Ruby Rose, Weiss, and Yang in a attack of Remnant: The Game off-screen. Despite his cool demeanor, Neptune is identical self-conscious of his image and can be easily embarrassed over his minor inadequacies, like his inability to dance, and refused to admit his reverence of water. His tendency to protect his reputation can sometimes make him inconsiderate to the feelings of others. [ 7 ] Neptune has several at odds skittish tics. When Ruby forces him to be Yang ‘s collaborator, taking oblige of him and moving him where she wanted him to stand, he becomes rigid as a dining table. This same behavior is seen when Neptune notices the ocean biome in “ New Challengers … ”. however, when Jaune Arc talks to Neptune about his refusal to go to the dance with Weiss, rather of becoming potent, Neptune becomes restless, rubbing the back of his neck and looking away. Neptune, at one point, was inadequate at keeping secrets. When Sun lets it slip that Blake Belladonna is a Faunus and wants to keep it hidden, he mentions Neptune telling Scarlet David secrets in the past behind his back. He is besides shown to be fleeceable, at one point not realizing the identify Sun gave Tri-Hard ] was a dig at him until much later. Neptune and his team are convinced to go to Shade by Sun, and is shown to hate it there. Neptune besides has an huge fear of water and of his Semblance, which is ascribable to a traumatic childhood incidental involving his buddy, Jupiter Vasilias, in which Neptune ‘s Semblance about led to the death of Jupiter. After the descend of Beacon, Neptune is described by Sun as being reasonably off, though he insists he ‘s very well. [ 8 ]
Powers and Abilities
Although Neptune has not been seen in much fight so far, he has shown himself to be very skilled with his weapon, in both gun and bladed components. In “ Painting the Town … ”, Neptune demonstrates especial marksmanship, managing to hit the Atlesian Paladin-290 respective times, tied while riding on the back of Yang ‘s motorcycle, Bumblebee. For melee combat, Neptune ‘s weapon transforms into a trident that can emit an electrical shock knock-down enough to incapacitate opponents partially submerged in water .
Neptune ‘s weapon of choice is Tri-Hard, a grease-gun that can transform into a guandao or a trident .
- Main article: Water Attraction
Neptune ’ s Semblance, Water Attraction, allows him to control water via hydrokinesis if he comes into forcible contact with a come on. due to his aquaphobia, Neptune detests using his illusion, avoiding water outright to prevent his power from getting out of control. As a young child, his ability was sol hard he was physically unable to bathe himself due to his Semblance displacing the water away from him. [ 9 ]
- Neptune alludes to Neptune from Roman mythology. For more information on this allusion, as well as other choices the creators made for this character, see Neptune Vasilias/Behind the Scenes.
- Neptune’s name fits the Color Naming Rule, due to the planet Neptune’s blue color. Neptune is also the Roman god of the sea, and the ocean is often associated with the color blue.
- Ironically, it was revealed in “New Challengers…” that he has a great fear of water. This was as a result of a running joke, as confirmed by his voice actor Kerry Shawcross, who also can’t swim.
- The Vasilias brothers both have Semblances related to water manipulation.
Character & Design
- Sage Ayana, Scarlet, and Neptune are all known to take design cues from members of the K-pop boy band Big Bang, with Neptune taking cues from T.O.P.
- On an episode of Quick Draw (an interview and art show hosted by Patrick Rodriguez), Kerry stated that if he were a student at Beacon Academy, he would have a gun and staff-type weapon. Patrick also suggested a trident component. The episode was recorded sometime before Neptune’s weapon was first revealed.
- Michael Jones and Kerry Shawcross, the voice actors of Sun and Neptune respectively, have made it official that the ship name for their characters is “Sea Monkeys”.
- Neptune and his actor, Kerry Shawcross, share the same birthday.
- Miles Luna liked the idea of either Neptune or Jaune’s birthday be February 29th.
Category : Uncategorized