history [edit ]
Korea National University of Arts was established by law in 1993. In 1990, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Korea announced a ‘Ten-Year project for the Cultural Development, ‘ and the foundation of a national arts mental hospital was the crucial provision of this project. Until the early 1980s, in Korea, there was no specialize university that devoted its entire course of study to aesthetic endeavors. Therefore, many budding artists who wanted to continue their aesthetic research through professional trainings went abroad. The announcement of the foundation garment of the national university of arts in 1993 was frankincense the revelation and demonstration of artistic prosperity in Korea. It is the only national university in Asia dedicated entirely to preparing talented young artists for the professions of all aesthetic genres. [ citation needed ] Korea National University of Arts encompasses all disciplines of arts including music, dance, field, film, television receiver, animation, all right artwork, blueprint, computer architecture, and Korean traditional arts. The university consists of six independent but correlative schools : the School of Music, the School of Drama, the School of Film, TV & Multimedia, the School of Dance, the School of Visual Arts, and the School of Korean Traditional Arts. K-ARTS offers bachelor ‘s and master ‘s degree broadcast while providing pre-school train program for promising young students. As of 2003, students enrolled in K-ARTS are about 2600, and more than 730 professors and lecturers are teaching in the newest studios and classrooms .
Academics [edit ]
Programs [edit ]
- Bachelor’s Program
- Master’s Program
- Artistic performance Training Programs (Prep School)
- Talented Artists Education System
Schools and departments [edit ]
- School of Drama
- Department of Acting, Department of Directing, Department of Playwriting, Department of Stage Design, Department of Theatre Studies
- School of Dance
- Department of Dance Performance, Department of Choreography, Department of Dance Theory, Department of Art Management
- School of Music
- Department of Vocal Music, Department of Opera, Department of Lied and Oratorio, Department of Instrumental Music, Department of Composition, Department of Musical Technology, Department of Conducting, Department of Musicology
- School of Film, TV & Multimedia
- Department of Film Making, Department of Cinema Studies, Department of Multimedia, Department of Animation, Department of Broadcasting
- School of Visual Arts
- Department of Fine Art, Department of Design, Department of Architecture, Department of Art Theory
- School of Korean Traditional Arts
- Department Of Traditional Arts Theory, Department Of Traditional Music, Department Of Traditional Dance, Department of Traditional Folk Theatrics
- Interschool Division
- Arts Management, Creation of Narratives, Musicals
campus [edit ]
Korea National University of Arts is made up of two Seoul -based campuses : the Seokgwan Campus and the Seocho Campus.
Achievements [edit ]
For the first time for an asian musician, Sunwook Kim, won one of the earth ‘s three top piano competitions, the Leeds International Piano Competition, in June 2006. After signing a contract with Askonas Holt, he performed with London Philharmonic. Shin Hyeonsu won the Long-Thibaud International Competition for Violin in November 2008. She besides received two special awards, including the Recital and Orchestra Award. The three top prizes at the NY International Ballet Competition were awarded to K-Arts graduates. The New York Times reported “ A contest for the World, led by South Koreans ”. The first pry winner, Ha Eunji, joined the Finnish National Ballet as the principal dancer.
Read more: Thinking Like an Economist – Test Bank Go!—all FREE!! · PDF fileThinking Like an Economist Multiple Choice ± Section 00: Introduction 1. Which of the following is not correct? – [PDF D
The Department of Architecture joined RIBA, the Royal Institute of British Architects. For the beginning meter for a university in a non-English speak region, K-Arts received external documentation from RIBA. The Korean film, The Chaser, was screened out of competition in the Cannes Film Festival, and it received the Best handwriting Award in the PIFF american samoa well as other awards from The Grand Bell Awards, The Blue Dragon Film Awards, The Baeksang Arts Awards, and others. The film ‘s film director, Na Hong-jin, the director of photography, Lee Seong-jae and the cameraman, Lee Min-bok, are all K-Arts graduates .
noteworthy alumni [edit ]
See besides [edit ]
References [edit ]
Category : Uncategorized