Please tell me you’ve experienced the deliciousness that is- the fiestada.
basically it ’ s a taco or mexican pizza and it was one of only a few delicious and comestible items served at my high educate cafeteria, future to turkey slop and their beef sticks. Thin crust, enchilada-like sauce, beef and cheese. sol simple and yet SO delightful .
As you know, I very enjoy trying to make a incision interpretation of my favorite school hot lunch items. just this past weekend I used leftover turkey and make my turkey slop and it never disappoints. These fiestadas are pretty dang close to the original and are extremely easy to whip up, making it perfective for a fun weeknight dinner. They were a hit with my kids who were completely clueless of what a fiestada was, but the veridical test was with my husband. When Pat took a sting he said to me “ Wow, Laur ! These taste barely like I remember them. ”
Reading: Fiestadas – Simply Scratch
now I good need to figure out how to make the gripe sticks, which look just angstrom unsympathetic as they sound but from what I remember taste reasonably mend delightful .
To Make This Fiestadas You Will Need:
FOR THE SAUCE :
- tomato sauce
- melted butter
- ground cumin
- kosher salt
FOR THE PIZZAS :
- pizza dough (regular or Greek yogurt)
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- medium cheddar cheese
- plain nonfat greek yogurt or sour cream
- sliced green onions
- minced cilantro
- hot sauce
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon carbohydrate, 1/4 teaspoon footing coriander and a pinch of salt and then set off to the side .
following, heat a deep side frying pan over medium inflame and add the anchor beef. Use a wooden spoon to break up and cook until no longer pink. interim, preheat your oven to 450° and mist an anatropous alloy baking tabloid with olive oil .
once the reason beef is fully cooked, drain off the fat and discard before seasoning the meat with 1-1/2 tablespoon greaser seasoning .
Stir until mix throughout, breaking the meat up into even smaller crumbles. then set off to the side to cool slightly .
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH:
then, place the boodle onto a liberally floured come on and divide into 4 adequate pieces. If you ’ ra using my regular pizza dough recipe, you may need to cut the recipe in half .
And then, working with one at a time, determine into a ball .
Working with the first gear boodle testis, roll it out into a thin pizza polish. traditionally fiestadas are hexangular determine, however I don ’ t have the time nor the patience .
topographic point two of the rolled out disk onto the fix ( inverted ) pans .
next banquet a few spoon of the fiestada sauce, getting it all the way to the edges of the dough .
Sprinkle with a little of the cheese .
then top with 1/4 of the greaser kernel. last, sprinkling with more cheese .
Bake on the lowest wrack of your oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Rotating center through baking. I ’ ll accept, it doesn ’ t in truth look like much but trust me it ’ s amazing !
finally it ’ sulfur clock to serve these fiestadas up !
The me in high school ate these fiestadas as is – apparent .
however the pornographic me now adds a scatter of green onion, coriander, sliced jalapeños, plain nonfat yogurt and a hyphen or seventeen of hot sauce .
One morsel it takes me back to high educate. Back to when wearing my dad ’ south baggy jeans ( yes, I said dad ’ south ) with a cultivate tee and a washcloth tied around the shank was “ cool ”. adept grief .
My expressive style might have been regretful in the mid 90 ’ second but at least the school food was good !
Enjoy! And if you give these fiestadas a judge, let me know ! Snap a photograph and tag me on chitter or instagram !
These Fiestadas are a scratch version of an old high school lunch favorite. Thin homemade pizza crust spread with a Mexican inspired sauce and topped with taco meat and cheese! Easy and delicious!
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- olive petroleum spray
FOR THE FIESTADA SAUCE:
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon carbohydrate
- 1/4 teaspoon grind coriander
- 1 touch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
FOR THE FIESTADA:
- 1 egyptian pound lean grind beef
- 1 recipe taco seasoning
- 1½ cup impertinently shredded cheddar tall mallow
- sliced green onions, for serving
- sliced jalapeños, for serving
- minced coriander, for serving
- plain nonfat greek yogurt, or sour cream, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Combine the tomato sauce, carbohydrate, cumin, coriander, salt and butter in a modest bowl and set off to the side .
MAKE THE MEAT:
- Cook the ground gripe in a large frying pan over medium heat until fully cooked, then drain the fat from the pan .
- Add the taco season, stir until mix throughout and break the kernel up into humble crumbles before removing the pan off of the heat to cool .
MAKE THE FIESTADA:
- Make the pizza dough and divide into 4 portions. ( see note )
- Preheat your oven to 450° and spray two inverted metal baking sheets lightly with olive anoint spray.
- Roll each boodle part out thin, transfer onto the lubricated bake sheet .
- spread a few spoon of the sauce ( spreading it all the way to the edges ), sprinkle with a little cheese, lead with 1/4 of the greaser meat, more cheese and then bake on the lowest rack of your oven for 10 minutes or until the tall mallow is melted and champagne and the crust is aureate .
- top with all the topping that your center desires .
NOTE: this recipe will yield 4 fiestadas if using my low fat greek yogurt pizza dough recipe. If using regular pizza dough, divide the dough into 6 or 8 portions and increase the ground beef mixture to 1-1/2 pounds and the cheese to 1-1/2 cups. Everything else stays the same.
Appetizers & Snacks, Mains & Entrees
Category : Uncategorized