Client of Kourend
Reading: Client of Kourend
20 April 2017
The Return of Xeric
Client of Kourend is the first base quest which involves the kingdom of Great Kourend, and is the 131st request on Old School RuneScape .
Speak to Veos, who can be found in the Piscarilius House port in Great Kourend. To get there, talk to another Veos located at the northernmost dock in Port Sarim. Ask if he has any quests for you, and he will say that he has a node from the mainland who is concern in some cognition surrounding the houses of Kourend, specifically its hierarchy and general sociable organization. Agree to help him, and he will give you an enchant coil, you must use a feather on it to create an enchant quill. If you have n’t got one already, a feather can be well obtained from Gerrant ‘s Fishy Business in Port Sarim. With the enchanted quill in your inventory, you will have to speak to the cosmopolitan memory owners of Great Kourend :
NOTE: If you are using the Teleport to Kourend spell to get about Great Kourend, talk to Leenz, north of Veos before teleporting, as this is the one house where teleport does n’t shorten the running distance. After that, teleport to Great Kourend and travel to the adjacent general shop, repeating the serve as needed .
Speak to a store owner, and ask them about their respective houses. Ask why person should gain favour in their respective houses. When you are receiving data from the Regath, the Arceuus House general memory owner, the flight feather will cryptically glow and damage your hand ! You will not take any damage, however.
once you ‘ve spoken to every unmarried general store owner, a mysterious voice whispers to you that you must return to Veos. He will take your flight feather and scroll. You then tell Veos about your hand being damaged, and he says the client apologises, as the note of the Dark Altar “ provoked emotions ”. Veos will then ask you to take a cryptic eyeball and activate it when near the Dark Altar. The Dark Altar is found north of the Arceuus House, which can be reached relatively promptly by teleporting to the Wintertodt Camp via a games necklace, running south following the path that goes west a spot, until you reach the colored area, and then east. The dark altar is at the end of the purple crystals. If you have access to Fairy rings, use the code C I S to get airless to the Dark Altar. The Dark Altar is located northeast of the C I S fairy surround. ( You need to unlock it by paying 80,000 coins. )
once you are near the Dark Altar, activate the eyeball. It will shatter into break glass. The cryptic voice will then whisper to you that you must return to Veos once more. revert to Veos, who will then claim that he has not spoken to you since taking you to Zeah, and will become own. Veos ‘ Client will now speak, with the actor questioning him to no avail. Before he releases Veos from his possession, he will give you your reinforce. Congratulations, quest complete!
- 1 Quest point
- Two antique lamps which provide 500 XP each in a skill of the player’s choosing.
- Kourend favour certificate. Reading it grants 20% favour in a house of your choosing.
- A good choice for the faction (if not at 30% already), is the Piscarilius House since the first 30% is both semi-expensive, and time consuming.
- The Lovakengj House or Arceuus House are other alternatives since gaining favour with these can be quite tiresome and repetitive.
- It should be noted that if you have 100% favour in any house and you have not yet gone to the architect to lock it in, that house will NOT have any decrease in favour. (Note: You can tell if your favour has been locked in, if the percentage number has turned white).
- Kharedst’s memoirs
Post-quest east wind eggs
There are two east wind eggs that can be done after completion of the quest. These offer no rewards .
The Client ‘s identity
If the player has a Ring of charos ( a ), obtained from the Garden of Tranquillity quest, players can attempt to charm the node into revealing his name. however, the node will foil the attempt, asking the actor if they truly thought that he could be manipulated by Charos ‘ feeble charming. He decides to tell the player due to their efforts, and reveals himself to be Xeric, a tyrant who ruled Great Kourend closely 1,030 years ago .
copper ‘s collar
A put of beast bones can be used on Veos. The bones will remind him of Copper, his pet wolf – a loyal, brave and gentle beast who wore a crimson collar. When Veos was travelling in the Fremennik Provinces, he and his wolf ( who was 19 years honest-to-god ) were ambushed by a group of feral foxes, and suffered fateful wounds. Veos ran away, and he sought to search for his remains, to no avail. offer to help him, then travel to the Fremennik Province.
Foxes can only be found just north of the Sinclair Mansion, across the river. Kill them until they drop Copper ‘s red collar. once you obtain the collar, return to Veos, who will be grateful for your aid .
Required for completing
- The quest cannot be completed by talking to Veos in Port Sarim, the dialogue option is only available in Great Kourend.
- Prior to an update on 19 April 2018, the quest permanently doubled the rate of gaining favour in all houses within Great Kourend. After the update, this doubled rate became the new default for gaining favour.
- The second easter egg was not solved until over a year (407 days) after the quest’s release. When the player revealed the solution on Twitter, Mod Wolf revealed that the easter egg was made in honour of his pet dog, who passed away a while before the quest’s release.
- Jagex. Mod Wolf ‘s Twitter account. 1 June 2018. Mod Wolf : “ My frank had passed away a small while before the bay was released and I don ’ thymine think I ’ d have forgiven myself if I didn ’ t honour him in some way. ”