Carriers that use the NMFC in a integrated platform have been able to accurately forecast costs to their customers while increasing profitableness. Shippers using the Classification know the footing for their pricing. They besides know that the NMFC is designed to promote an equitable distribution of the transportation system burden and, consequently, the bonny treatment of all shippers.
ClassIT is the on-line version of the NMFC, with a variety of extra mighty features making the Classification easier and faster to use, such as :
- multiple Search Capabilities, including :
- Quick SearchProvides a fast search of the articles listed in the NMFC Index and returns a listing of potential matches .
- Advanced Search Searches all text within Articles, Rules, Packages and Participating Carriers based on user choices and returns a list of likely matches .
- Both search functions besides allow you to add your own terms linked to classification items or early terms, a well as an embed list of common terms that are not found in the NMFC. This represents a dynamic index to speed finding the data needed .
- easily navigation through hyperlinks allows users to see entire product groupings to ensure the proper description and classify. Each link opens a new browser window allowing for coincident screening of different parts of the NMFC .
- Synonyms admit users to customize and individualize ClassIT by tying familiar, normally used terms to existing commodity names and numbers making future searches easier .
- The Density Calculator enables users to determine the density of a software, palette or dispatch cargo in seconds .
- The print function allows users to print each window and portions of textbook can be copied and pasted into other documents .
- Online help and an electronic mail function that sends your queries directly to the NMFTA Classification Specialists.
Central Transport International was one of the beta testers of ClassIT. Dave Rodewald, Manager of Pricing Applications for Central stated, “ ClassIT is well designed by classification professionals, and it shows. The product is intuitive and users quickly feel comfortable. It is bang-up for experienced classification professionals, because they can be more productive. It besides makes it easier for less know categorization users, because the calculator does the searches. We can define synonym in ClassIT, so we enter terms that mean more to our people. ClassIT allows us to get our make done doubly equally fast as anything we have used before. ”
NMFTA Executive Director William Pugh stated, “ ClassIT has already been shown to improve productivity in the classification procedure by 50 % to 100 %. ClassIT is priced to be more than low-cost for big or belittled transportation system entities. ”
The Classification is a valuable tool that facilitates comparisons of the transportability of commodities moving in intrastate, interstate and foreign commerce. Commodities are assigned one of 18 classes from a low of 50 to a high of 500 based on four department of transportation characteristics : density, stowability, handling and indebtedness. The NMFC is a standard which comprises one of the two components of centrifugal carrier pricing systems. The monetary value for shipping goods is determined by referring first to the classes included in the NMFC and then consulting the applicable motor carrier rate schedules. These rate schedules are in flex dependent on factors such as cargo weight and the route and distance over which the dispatch moves. The NMFC besides includes rules and box requirements for each type of commodity to ensure adequate protection for products moving in LTL motive aircraft carrier servicing.
The provisions of the NMFC appoint diligence standards, which are developed and maintained by the National Classification Committee ( NCC ), an autonomous standing committee of 100 carrier representatives who are elected to represent the more than 1100 motor carriers participating in the NMFC. The NCC ‘s activities are regulated by the United States Surface Transportation Board.
For 50 years, NMFTA and NCC have been the organizations entirely creditworthy for the contents of the Classification. The NMFC is published per annum and supplemented sporadically throughout the year. NMFTA will continue to be the sole beginning for the print version of the NMFC.
An annual license for ClassIT is available to NMFC drive carrier participants at $ 159 for a single drug user. Shippers or third party logistics companies may purchase a single-user license for ClassIT at $ 199. Multi-user discounts are available.
For more information on ClassIT, go to www.nmfta.org and click on the NMFTA Store. The web locate contains complete license information, price and a merchandise demonstration. For extra information, call NMFTA ‘s price release customer serve number at 1-866-411-NMFC ( 6632 ).
In order to use the provisions of the NMFC and ClassIT, centrifugal carriers must become participants in the Classification and may do so by contacting NMFTA. NMFTA is a nonprofit membership association representing 1100 less-than-truckload carriers throughout North America and is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia.
category : Uncategorized