How to get a car insurance quote online
Whatever the reason, when you get an on-line policy quotation from Nationwide, you can tailor and purchase a car insurance policy immediately, and even print out your proof of policy card. hera ’ s how it works :
1. Gather the information you will need about your cars and drivers
To speed up purchasing blink of an eye car policy on-line, have this basic information fix for each driver on your policy :
- Social Security number (optional)
- Driver’s license number
- Driving distance to work
- Driving violations, accidents or claims in the last five years (approximate dates and details)
- Make, model and year of your vehicle(s)
If you own a collectible cable car, you can besides use the above information to get classic car policy. Find out if you qualify nowadays .
2. Get an insurance quote online
Nationwide ‘s car indemnity quote tool is your fast path to a quick car insurance quotation. Enter your ZIP Code and click Get a Quote. then answer some questions about yourself, the cable car you want to insure and the people who will be driving the fomite.
You can besides get fast car policy quotes by calling 1-877-669-6877. And if you prefer working with a local agent, use our agent locator to find an agent near you .
3. How to compare car insurance
once you have your car policy quote, you may want to shop around to see who has the best options available for what kind of coverage or policy you need. When comparing, you ’ ll want to keep in mind :
- Coverages that are offered
- Discounts available
- Deductibles and liability limits
- Additional customizable features
4. Find Nationwide car insurance discounts
As you get your blink of an eye car policy quote, Nationwide will help identify discounts on car policy that might apply to your policy to and save you money by lowering your bounty in a large way .
- Multi-policy discounts: Depending on where you live, you may qualify for lower rates when you have multiple Nationwide insurance policies.
- Safe driver discount: You may also be able to lower your car insurance rate by avoiding speeding tickets, reckless driving, or having an accident-free record.
- Anti-theft discount: If your vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft device or passenger restraint system, you may save even more.
- Nationwide SmartRide: You may also earn a discount through the SmartRide program which is a usage-based program that gives members feedback to help encourage safe driving.1
5. Understand your coverage options
With Nationwide, you have a number of car indemnity coverage options to choose from that can help fit your needs. Common coverage options include :
- Gap coverage
- Uninsured motorist
- Bodily injury liability
- Roadside Assistance
Find out more about Nationwide ’ randomness car policy coverage options .
6. Liability car insurance
Liability indemnity is considered the most basic, minimum car insurance you can buy – and it ‘s required in most states. basically, if you want to get behind the wheel, you need to have it .
If you ‘re thinking about requesting a quote for barely indebtedness car insurance, make surely you know what the quote policies do and do not cover. The most basic policy may keep you legal, but fall short circuit of the coverage you need if you ‘re in a good accident or your car is damaged in some early way. For a slenderly higher price, you may avoid big expenses down the road.
7. Customize your policy with additional options:
Our most democratic, low-cost upgrades include :
- Roadside Assistance: which can help you if you need a tow, jump-start or tire change
- Vanishing Deductible®: which lets you to take $100 off your deductible for every year of safe driving2
- Accident Forgiveness:, which means we won’t raise your auto insurance rates following your first at-fault accident
8. Select the auto insurance policy that’s right for you
When you receive your moment car indemnity quote from Nationwide, you will get respective options to choose from, making it easy to select a policy that ’ s right for you and your budget. You can besides change coverages to create a more individualized policy .
9. Choose a payment method and buy your insurance instantly
once you ’ ve picked a policy, plainly choose a requital option to complete the transaction. After that, you can download your proof of indemnity tease and print it out .