Does a GED Affect College Acceptance ?
You may be wondering if your application will get look out on if you have a GED rather than a high school diploma .
closely all colleges in the US accept the GED vitamin a good as many universities around the populace. The GED is widely recognized. In fact, there are over 20 million GED graduates and counting. GED graduates that earn the College Ready score levels may even be eligible to bypass placement testing and earn college credit for classes related to the test subjects .
Tips for Applicants
If you have, or are working towards, your GED and want to apply to college one day, these are a few pointers that might give you an excess boost at the admissions position :
- Volunteer in your community and get references from those you volunteered with
- Work hard for an employer, get valuable experience, and show it on your applications
- Take a college entrance examination like the SAT or ACT and do well on it. ( College entrance exams are standardize tests that measure how ready you are for college-level influence ) .
- Get in truth great letters of recommendation ( which means you need to work hard helping others and showing that you ’ re responsible ). These letters highlight your positivist personal and academic qualities and why you would be successful in college .
Applying to more than one college increases your chances of being accepted. Make surely you fulfill their application requirements and check if they have an alternate human body or method acting to submit your GED scores. With any college you apply to, be certain you to triple-check that you fill out each application correctly. last, show off your other accomplishments besides your GED including any of those mentioned above .
What Types of Colleges Accept GEDs ?
There are no shortages of colleges that accept applicants with GEDs. here are the three major types of colleges and some tips on how to apply to them with a GED :
1. Community, Junior, and Technical Colleges
These colleges may accept applicants who don ’ t have a high gear school diploma or GED at all ! Attending can give you a great start in college, because you can :
- Get experience taking college-level classes
Read more: Tetris Echalk – Apps Store
- Take classes to earn your GED ( if you haven ’ metric ton completed your quiz )
- Complete your general education requirements
- Learn occupation skills
- Earn an consociate ’ south degree or a skill documentation
- Build a solid GPA ( grade point average ) that can help you get into a bachelor ’ south degree broadcast late
2. on-line Colleges
Before applying to an on-line college, do some research and find out if the college is formally accredited, which means that a major outside arrangement has reviewed and validated their academic practices. A academic degree from an accredit college is valuable, but degrees from unaccredited colleges normally are not. You can search this national database to find out if a college is accredited : hypertext transfer protocol : //ope.ed.gov/dapip/ # /home
3. Four-Year traditional Colleges
Can you go to a traditional college with a GED ? Most colleges and universities accept GEDs, but a little number do not. here are some things to look for earlier apply :
- Check colleges ’ websites and materials to see if they mention accepting applicants with GEDs
- Check if take GEDs must be from the lapp country as the college
- If so, earn your GED in the lapp state as the college ( s ) you want to attend, or apply only to colleges in your home express
If you have a GED.com report you can see more tips on applying to college, interview help, and wage guides .
thus can you go to college with a GED ? Yes, you can get in and finally earn the degree or certificate you want. Use the tips above. Decide on the character of college feel that ’ s right for you, and plan out the colleges you should apply to .
If you keep going after your ambition, you can finally reach it, just like millions of other GED graduates !
Category : Uncategorized