Ahoi Ashtami 2022 is on October 17, Monday
4 months and 12 days to go for the event Asthami tithi timings: October 17, 9:30 am – October 18, 11:58 am Ahoi Ashtami Puja Muhurat : October 17, 5:56 pm – October 17, 7:11 phase modulation
just like Karwa Chauth the celebrations of Ahoi Ashtami is very far-flung in the solid of northern India. This day is dedicated to worshipping Goddess Ahoi or Ahoi Mata. Ahoi ashtami vrat is observed only by Mothers, as the vrat is kept for the retentive life sentence and well being of their children and besides to be blessed with more children .
Rituals during Ahoi Ashtami:
- On Ahoi Ashtami, the mother of boy observes a strict fast all through the day for their child’s well-being. They spend the day even without drinking a drop of water. The fast is broken after sighting the stars, during twilight. In some places,
the observer of the Ahoi Ashtami fast break their fast after sighting the moon, however it might be difficult as the moon rises late on the Ahoi Ashtami night.
- Women get up early and take a bath. Following this they take a ‘sankalp’ that is a pledge to keep the fast for the whole day for their children’s well-being. The preparations for the puja are done before the sunset.
- Women draw the image of Ahoi Mata on a wall. The image drawn should have ‘Ashtha Koshthak’ or eight corners. Along with other images, the picture of ‘Sei’ (hedgehog with its children) is drawn close to Goddess Ahoi. If the image cannot be drawn
then the wallpaper of Ahoi Ashtami can also be used. The image also depicts the seven sons with the daughter-in-laws as mentioned in the Ahoi Ashtami katha.
- The place of worship is cleaned and an ‘Alpana’ is drawn. An earthen pot known as ‘karwa’ is filled with water and covered with a lid and kept near the place of worship. The nozzle of this karwa is blocked with a special grass known as ‘Sarai
Seenka’. This shoot of grass is also offered to Ahoi Mata during the puja rituals.
- The actual puja of Ahoi Ashtami is performed during sandhya time, that is, just after sunset. All the women in the family get together for the puja. After the rituals the women listen to the Ahoi Mata vrat katha. In some communities the devotees
use Ahoi made from silver. This silver form is known as ‘Syau’ and is worshipped with milk, roli and akshata during the puja. After the puja, this ‘Syau’ is woven in a thread with two silver pearls and worn by women around their neck.
- Special food offerings are prepared that includes puri, halwa and pua. 8 of all these are offered to the Goddess and then given to some elderly lady or even a Brahmin. The puja is terminated by performing the ‘Ahoi Mata aarti’ at the end.
Important Timings On Ahoi Ashtami
|Sunrise||October 17, 2022 6:28 AM|
|Sunset||October 17, 2022 5:56 PM|
|Ashtami Tithi Begins||October 17, 2022 9:30 AM|
|Ashtami Tithi Ends||October 18, 2022 11:58 AM|
|Moonrise On Ahoi Ashtami||October 17, 2022 11:44 PM|
|Ahoi Ashtami Puja Muhurat||October 17, 5:56 PM – October 17, 7:11 PM|
| place : Ujjain [ India ]
Read more: Merkur 34c HD Safety Razor Review
Significance of Ahoi Ashtami
Ahoi Ashtami flying is undertaken by mothers of boys for the long life and happiness of their sons. They worship Goddess Ahoi on this day with fully devotion and ardor. On this day women observe a firm for their sons. The prison term for sighting the stars and moonrise can be seen in the Ahoi Ashtami Puja timings in the Hindu panchang .
It is believed that women who face spontaneous abortion or have problems in conceiving should perform the Ahoi Ashtami puja and vrat to get blessed with a baby male child. For this rationality, it is besides known as ‘ Krishnashtami ’. This sidereal day is consequently significant for childless couples. On this occasion, couples take a holy dip in the ‘ Radha Kunda ’ at Mathura. Devotees from all over the area come and throng the station during this fourth dimension .
Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha
According to the floor of Ahoi Ashtami, long clock time ago, a usurer lived in a city. He had seven sons. once, when alone seven days were left for Diwali, the kin was engaged in cleaning the house. For renovation of their sign of the zodiac, the usurer ‘s wife went to collect mud from an open pit mine near the river. unaware that a hedgehog has build its den in the mine, the usurer ‘s wife started digging for mud. While doing so, her hoe hit a porcupine cub killing it immediately .
Seeing this, the usurer ‘s wife felt very sad. Heartbroken she returned to her dwelling. A few days after ascribable to the curse of the hedeghog mother, the charwoman ‘s eldest son died, then the second son died, and similarly the third base child was no more and in one year all their seven sons died.
Read more: Merkur 34c HD Safety Razor Review
due to the end of all her children, the charwoman started living very deplorable. One day, while crying, she told her deplorable floor to one of her aged neighbours and confessed that she did not commit the sin on determination and that the cub was killed unwittingly and that it was after the incident her seven sons died. On hearing this, the old dame comforted her and said that half of her drop the ball has been redeemed by her repentance .
The charwoman besides suggested that, on the day of Mata Ahoi Ashtami, with recourse to Goddess Bhagwati, by drawing a painting of hedgehog and its cub, worshiping them and apologizing for her act, she will be benefited. The womanhood besides said that doing sol, by the grace of God, all her sins will be cleansed .
The usurer ‘s wife obeyed the old woman and worshiped Mother Ahoi. Fasting on the eighth day of the Krishna Paksha of Kartik month, she started doing this regularly every year and with prison term, she got seven sons. It is since then the tradition of Ahoi Ashtami vrat has started .